Thursday, May 15, 2014

El 20Tiempo Proyecto

The 20Time pitch night was an amazing experience. In short, I gave out about 20 business cards and talked with a ton of amazing people. Everybody from peers who I had known since elementary school, the parents of my friends, and everybody in between. It was rewarding and the fastest hour and a half of my life.

What surprised me the most was that so many teachers talked to me. I met one of my all-time favorite subs for the first time in four years. I met one of my first grade teachers for the first time in nine years. I talked with a teacher at Dow. One woman memorably recognized David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock and Doctor Who. All of them were impressed and so thoughtful, despite the fact none of them taught art.

So, if you’re here because of my business card, please don’t be intimidated by the Spanish. I’m working on making my posts somewhat bilingual. Again, I’m interested in comments, questions, and even commissions, be it through the comments or my email (am.sebaly221@gmail.com). 

Oh, this isn't really relevant, but I love this gif so much that I might just tattoo it to my forehead.



--

Hola! Mucho pasó las dos semanas pasadas. He recibido complementos de mi arte, y estoy agradecida para todos. 

El 20Tiempo exhibición fue una experiencia increíble. No creo que haya palabras para describirlo… pero puedo tratar. Si no sabes, el 20Tiempo exhibición ocurrió en Northwood, 5/13/14, a las 7-8pm. Mi clase de español, y las clases de un IB World Lit presentaron que he hecho. Creo que tuvo éxito.



Compartí la mesa con Maddie. Ella es una artista fantástica, y mi amiga. El arte de ella es a la derecha, y el arte de yo es a la izquierda. No tuve un poster o algo especial; solo mi arte. Tuve seis dibujos. Un dibujo viejo, los Doctors, él, y dos dibujos nuevos.

Yo hablé con alumnos, con padres, y con profes. Y hable con un tópico que me interesa. Encontré una profe que tuve cuando tenía seis años. Encontré una mujer que le gustan Sherlock y Doctor Who tambien. En total, no puedo decir más que fue divertido y increíble.

Completé mi dibujo de Emilia Clarle! 


El dibujo de Emilia Clarke. Terminé en tres horas, cuarenta y dos minutos. Original.

Este es mi retrato preferido de todos los que he dibujado. Creí que el pelo sea malo, pero me gusta mucho. Decidi dibujar a Emmilia porque su pelo la hacia diferente de los otros retratos. Use una nueva tecnica en el sombreado que hace que el pelo parezca mas natural.

2 comments:

  1. Wow your really talented and I hope you continue to keep drawing because your an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is amazing! I love how you put so much passion into this project! Su arte is fantástica! Me gusta tu pasión para este proyecto!

    ReplyDelete